American Oak Wood Barrel Care Instructions
Barrel Care Instructions:
- As soon as you get your oak barrel, fill it up with water.
- Rinse the oak barrel with water on the outside for about 1-2 minutes, and then dry (outside only) it out with a towel or a paper towel.
- Leave the oak barrel with water inside for up to 2-5 days until the barrel has seal completely. (The barrel will have leaks, but will disappear).
- Once you make sure there are no leaks, exchange the water for hot water and leave it for 1 more day (wood chips may come out of the barrel).
- Fill it up with your favorite liquor, otherwise leave it with water (water mixed with a little bit of alcohol), and change the water once every two weeks.
*The barrel must always contain liquid to maintain its structural integrity. *Repeat step #2 once a month.
*Repeat step #2, from 2-3 times a day until the barrel seals completely (more times better).